Jul 18, 2012

Top Five Michel Gondry Music Videos

Michel Gondry is a genuis in the art of video. And here are my Top Five favorite Michel Gondry music videos.






#5 "Around the World" - Daft Punk
I'm not a Daft Punk fan, but when I first saw this video, I instantly fell in love with it. Being a drummer, my mind is always looking for beats and rhythms, so to see dancers doing choreographed dances to each different beat in the song caught my eye.


#4 "Fell in love with a Girl" - The White Stripes
This was a tough one, because every video for the White Stripes is awesome, but I had to go with the original, because it's still the most ingenious, with the animation of legos, and pixelated art.



#3 "Star Guitar" - The Chemical Brothers
As a kid driving home from my grandmother's house, or on a road trip, I would lay my head against the window and look at the scenery and imagine that what I was watching would synchronize with the music from the radio. So when I first saw this video I gasped in amazement to see something from my imagination had come to life. It was if Michel Gondry had read my mind.



#2 "I Wonder" - The Willowz
To me, the Willowz, and Michel Gondry go hand and hand. The first time I heard The Willowz was watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. And was amazed that when I saw this video was also directed by Michel Gondry. With such a creative way to make a video, has effected my art forever. And the Willowz themselves instantly found a perfect place in my music collection. The singing, even though It's not very good, had a powerful hypnotic effect on me, that it's still with me to this day.


I know I've already posted this video before but..... fuck you it's my blog! I'll do what I want.

#1 "Everlong" - The Foo Fighters
This is my favorite Foo Fighters song, and this video has a lot to do with it. I love the humor that the Foo Fighters have in a lot of their videos, but the eccentric twist that Michel Gondry brings, is such delicious icing on the cake. It's so rare that the music goes so perfectly with the images.


No comments:

Post a Comment