Feb 7, 2012

Top Five Amazing Rube Goldberg Machines

I love Rube Goldberg machines. The creative innovation that goes into making a complex machine do a mundane task, like opening blinds, unraveling a roll of toilet paper is so fascinating to watch. So here are my top five favorite Rube Goldberg machines.




#5
The Japanese is crazy. For proof check out the crazy blog www.wtfjapanseriously.com. And who is to blame for their eccentricities? We are! We dropped a nuclear bomb on them! Of course their going to be a little weird. So you else to bring something as weird as a Rube Goldberg machine, to the next level, but the Japanese.


#4
This is the closest to a actual Rube Goldberg picture that I've seen. For the contraption taking place "around" the individual, instead of taking up an entire warehouse. But still fun to watch. Short and sweet.


#3
Melvin the Magical Mixed Media Machine, is a Rube Goldberg machine that takes pictures and video the audience watching it. And posts it on it's Facebook and Twitter acount. Pretty creative. It's crazy to see a bunch of these machines, and they are so very different from one another. It's kind of like watching the idea of this machine in the creators head happening before your eyes.


#2
A machine made up of mostly camera equipment. Showing that a Rube Goldberg machine can be made of virtually anything.


#1
If I had actual followers of this blog, I would probably receive angry comments for not including this one. This one amazes me on so many levels. First of all this machine functions the whole length of the music. Second, It's perfectly timed "to" the music. And third, the  machine actually plays part of the melody in time with the music. This is by far the best Rube Goldberg machine I've ever seen. I defy you to find a better one.
  





BONUS!
How can I talk about Rube Goldberg machines without mentioning the crazy breakfast machine in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Why didn't I add it to my top five? Well as cool as it is, it obviously doesn't really work. It's just camera trickery. But is still awesome to watch, with it's crazy awesome music. 


Mini Rube Goldberg machines on a Japanese TV show for kids, called Pitagora Suicchi (Pythagora Switch) that would cut into the show between commercials. Makes me want to make some of these with my nephew. Plus a crazy synchronized dance with straight faces in the middle.






    

No comments:

Post a Comment