Apr 8, 2012

Trilogy Week #23 - Rabbit Movies

Happy Easter everybody. I hope you all got a lot of egg shaped candies. To all the parents out there you're probably sick of watching "HOP" all day long so here are three movies that don't have anything to do with Easter but, they do have rabbits in them. So tell the kiddies that they are going to watch these movies, or you will take their colored eggs away.






Title: Wallace & Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Year: 2005
Director: Nick Park & Steve Box
Cast: Peter Sallis, Ralph Fiennes, Helena Bonham Carter
Rated: G
Running Time: 1hr. 24min.

My Review: I love Wallace & Gromit, ever since I saw the Wrong Trousers on PBS when I was a kid. I've been waiting for this movie ever since Chicken Run. And Aardman Animation did not disappoint. Although this isn't as good as their shorts, It's still very fun to watch, and the attention to detail in the whole movie is amazing. It shows that Aardman is the king of stop-motion full length features. 8 out of 10







Title: Harvey
Year: 1950
Director: Henry Koster
Cast: James Stewart, Joesphine Hull, Peggy Dow, Charles Drake, Cecil Kellaway, Victoria Horne, Jesse White
Rated: G
Running Time: 1hr. 44min.

My Review: Ugh... I hated this movie. It was stupid. If you've never seen this movie, don't bother with it. It's nothing but pointless dialogue to fill time. Now if you know me, I love long dialogue scenes, but they need to be interesting, you want to feel like you're part of the conversation, not talking about egg and onion sandwiches, and watching an old man open a close a gate for 5 minutes. I felt disappointed by this movie. I like James Stewart, he is a brilliant actor, but everyone else around him was shit!. Their was so much potential for this movie that went unused. If they focused more on the mysticism a little more, or if he really was crazy, see hallucinations, then It would have made the film more interesting. And to tell you the truth, even though I liked James Stewart, I hated his character. He doesn't do anything. He has no range, no emotion. Nothing bothers him. That's not interesting to watch. You could have a guy say, "Hey mack, I just stole you wallet and now I'm going to max out your credit cards." "You are, well, good luck with that, boy I sure am impressed that you took my wallet so successfully, you must be a pro. Hey, here's my card, don't call this number.... blah blah blah." What a milk toast pussy loser.
The only thing about this film that I liked was this monologue clip below. 3 out of 10









Title: Who Framed Rodger Rabbit?
Year: 1988
Director: Robert Zemeckis
Cast: Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, Joanna Cassidy, Kathleen Turner, Charles Fleischer, Lou Hirsch, Stubby Kaye, Alan Tilvern
Rated: PG
Running Time: 1hr. 43min.

My Review:  After watching this movie again, it doesn't hold up quite as much as I hoped it would, but it still very well made. Of course kids will love this movie. People and cartoons living together. "BOOOM!!!" mind blown. This is my favorite Christopher Lloyd role next to Dr. Emmit Brown. The ending was so shocking to me as a kid, I could see his crazy face in my head when I went to sleep to have many nightmares. I've heard rumors that their will be a sequel to this movie soon. I just hope that they don't ruin it with CG characters. 7 out of 10





No comments:

Post a Comment