Apr 7, 2012

Top Five Favorite Easter Cartoons

Sadly to say you don't ever see the classic Easter specials on TV anymore. So for you little kiddies you haven't seen these great Easter cartoons. Here are my top five Easter cartoons from my childhood. Plus as a bonus, my favorite Easter candy & commerical.







#5
It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown
Who is so stupid that they have never boiled an egg, or have even have "eaten" a hard boiled egg? Marcy, that's who. That's right sir. As dopey as that is, it's still fun to watch. And I love the music as always. 




#4
The Easter Bunny is coming to town
Rankin/Bass are awesome as always. I love the origin stories that they make for our favorite holiday creatures. And this one is one of my favorites. As a kid I was so fascinated about a town that was only kids, and I desperately wanted to go there. Now as an adult that sounds like a nightmare.














#3
Tiny Toon's Spring Break
I love this cartoon. I still to this day find myself quoting lines from this. This isn't all about Easter, the only thing that ties this to the holiday is Elmyra thinks Buster is the Easter Bunny, and hires Tommy Lee Jones (from the Fugitive) to help her find it. Hilarious! Oh and sloppy Rush Limbaugh makes a cameo, dressed as the Easter Bunny.





#2
Will Vinton's A Claymation Easter
I love everything Will Vinton. From the Holiday Specials, to the California Raisins, to the Noid. I even love the that creepy Mark Twain cartoon. He is by far the master a clay animation. It's not only beautiful eye candy, it's also very funny. About a pig who kidnaps the Easter Bunny, so he can get money. Reminds me a lot of Cartman.




#1
Bugs Bunny's Easter Yeggs
To this day, this short still makes me laugh. This is Mel Blanc at his best. I keep surprising myself how much I still laugh at Looney Tune cartoons. I always enjoyed watching them as a kid, but now I can fully appreciate to skill and talent that makes them so funny. "I wanna Easter egg!, I wanna Easter egg!"

Bugs Bunny - Easter Yeggs
 














No comments:

Post a Comment