Sep 11, 2012

Trilogy Week # 41 - The Three "G's"

On September 3rd through the 23rd, Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles held the 3G art show. Where different artists made pieces inspired by The Goonies, Gremlins, and Ghostbusters. Three of my favorite films growing up, when I first heard about this show, I though "what are great paring of these three great 80's movies." So this week we are celebrating The Three GGG's.






Title: The Goonies
Year: 1985
Director: Richard Donner
Cast: Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, Corey Feldman, Kerry Green, Martha Plimpton, Jeff Cohen, Jonathan Ke Quan, John Matuszak, Joe Pantoliano, Robert Davi, Anne Ramsey
Rated: PG
Running Time: 1hr. 53mins.

My Review: One of my favorites. As a kid I dreamed of going on an adventure like this. The closest me and my friends got was crawling through a drainage pipe by the church I went to. Not as exciting as finding a hidden treasure from a one-eyed pirate. This movie is so much fun to watch. The kids are great to watch, even though the acting isn't the greatest, I still feel that, that adds to the fun, with a great over the top story. It always puts a smile on my face. 8 out of 10 pincers of power








Title: Gremlins
Year: 1984
Director: Joe Dante
Cast: Hoyte Axton, Zach Galligan, Phoebe Cates, Dick Miller, Corey Feldman, 
Rated: PG-13
Running Time: 1hr. 46mins.

My Review: A great tongue and cheek creepy movie, perfect for the holidays. This movie, and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom were the reasons that we now have the PG-13 rating. Meant to be a silly movie, but still a little too creepy for kids. I was proud of myself for not being scared of this when I was little, and I though I was really mature, and could handle scary movies..... and then I saw Jaws, and shit my pants. But I still think any kid over the age of 10 will love this film. 8 out of 10 horrifying Christmas stories. 








Title: Ghostbusters
Year: 1984
Director: Ivan Reitman
Cast: Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis, William Atherton
Rated: PG
Running Time: 1hr. 45mins.

My Review: Perfect. That's it. Perfect. If you hate this movie, then go fucking kill yourself because you're an asshole. 10 out of 10 straightened Slinkys.






No comments:

Post a Comment