Sep 18, 2012

Music Video of the Week #8

THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!!!!!!! Hurray!

Today's video is "New Noise", from the Refused album "The Shape of Punk to Come: A Chimerical Bombination in 12 Bursts" This video blew my mind, when I first saw it in 1998 on M2. (that is what MTV 2 used to be called, to all the little kiddies out there.) Not for the video itself, but the song. I hadn't heard anything like it. I was a fan of punk, and I loved bands like Minor Threat, The Suicide Machines, & other bands that I considered hardcore punk at the time. But then comes this band from Sweden that showed me a new way that punk could be performed. Thus the name of the album "the shape of punk to come" which is inspired by the Ornette Coleman album "the shape of jazz to come", which also blew my mind. Their are very few bands that have shocked my subconscious awake, and have shown me a new way to see the world, or have given me a new form of inspiration. So that's why I am featuring this amazing piece of art.




No comments:

Post a Comment