Mar 13, 2012

The Weird World of PES

Have you seen the "fresh guacamole" video that has been floating around the internet? The imaginative way different objects represent other objects. Like a grenade is a avocado, hardware tools can be deep sea creatures, or pin cushions can be tomatoes. Well that is from the mind of PES (Adam Pesapane). A stop-motion  animator who has come up with some genius was to show ordinary objects in a creative captivating way. Like the picture below, what do you see first? the logs on fire, or candy corn and pretzel sticks? I first discovered PES's work during a touring of "The Animation Show" at the Tower Theatre in Salt Lake City. And was blown away. Being an artist myself, it made me a little angry to see these brilliant little shorts, and thinking to myself "shit!, why didn't I think of that!" Ever since then I've been awaiting with anticipation for the next short that he comes out with. 

Now these shorts aren't all his pieces. These are just my favorite ones. Go to his website if you want to his whole collection of work. http://www.eatpes.com/




   







No comments:

Post a Comment